Thursday, May 12

Art, Aspargus & Eggs


This past Monday I spent the afternoon at a Melinda's studio located on beautiful farm land in Muncy. I shopped through her sewing supplies scoring great deals on pom pom trim, fabrics, and other embellishments that will soon be incorporated into my new line of kids play aprons!

I was very excited to see her studio and her work in progress (gorgeous jewelery!). After shopping and fiddling with cardboard mannequins Melinda gave me a tour of her homestead (I had butterflies in my stomach the entire time!). She not only had the Art Barn that Matt and I long for but the perfect sized garden where she picked fresh asparagus, new chickens that will one day lay green and blue speckled eggs, and the coziest country house that greeted you with the warm wood stove smell that instantly took me back to my childhood. (Squeal! I can't wait to build our own art compound on similar country land :))

I left Melinda's feeling reinvigorated like I could take on any art project! She filled up my hands with fresh asparagus, a dozen of huge brown eggs (they were so big the lid couldn't close all the way!), and my head with lots of great ideas for my apron displays. What a perfect Monday!

To top it off, when I thought it couldn't get any better, that evening I found out I was the winner to TrimKo's $35 Gift Certificate! I guess all the stars were aligned!

Peace,
Chelsea

P.S. Wonder what the piece of paper is in my photo? It's a new recipe I'm going to try from the newspaper "Relish". It's an Asparagus and Parmesan Tart recipe that calls for a puff pastry, ricotta cheese, Parm Reggiano cheese, eggs, and asparagus. Yum! Can't wait to try it tonight. Bon Appetit!

No comments: