Tuesday, July 19

Toot My Own Horn Tuesday: Summer Tortellini Salad


*Photo credit Wegmans.com

Yum Yum Yum!!! I can't explain it any better than that! If you like asparagus, roasted red peppers, and pine nuts you will drool over this dish as you are cooking! My mouth was watering all afternoon thinking about this excellent & super easy dish from my favorite grocery store, Wegmans. I was flipping through some old issues of Wegmans Menu Magazine (summer 2009 issue) and circled this recipe to change up our boring summer fare. I have made it 4 times already this summer and each time Matt & I sit down to eat it we barely look or talk to each other because we are too busy devouring it! We kind of race to get seconds or offer to get up and get Ruby more water (wink wink!).

Check out Wegmans website for the details on this Summer Tortellini Salad.

Tips from The Art Stork Kitchen:
1. I skipped the red sweet pepper & added sun dried tomatoes (julienne)
marinated in oil instead
2. I subbed a white onion for red (it's what we always have in stock)
3. I skipped the zucchini (we don't have them yet!)
4. I skipped the grape tomatoes (the sun dried tomatoes were plenty and would over power these guys.)
5. I have tried both Wegmans Six Cheese Tortellini (dairy dept) and the frozen version and was equally happy with both (frozen ones are way cheaper, too).
6. Just follow the directions with any substitutions you see fit & enjoy! Serve hot or chilled...I prefer hot from the oven!





















My pictures:
Roasted Asparagus & Pine Nuts, Boiling Pasta, Sweet little girl showing me how her pig flashlight works! and Viola! Dinner!

Bon Appetit!
Chelsea

No comments: